Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
People who are considering filing for bankruptcy often have a number of different questions about their legal rights and options, but may not know where to look for the answers. For this reason, the Cedar Rapids bankruptcy lawyers of Hong Law, PLC have put together the following list of frequently asked questions and their answers. If your question isn’t here, check back soon, as we will be periodically updating this list with new questions that may come up.
If you would like to discuss your specific situation with a qualified member of our legal team, please don’t hesitate to contact our offices at (319) 294-5853.
- What is debt negotiation?
- Have I failed financially if I file for bankruptcy?
- Can I prevent repossession?
- Will my spouse also have to file for bankruptcy?
- How do I know it’s time to file for bankruptcy?
- Will I pass the means test?
- What is the Chapter 13 bankruptcy repayment plan?
- Is there any nonexempt property under Chapter 7 bankruptcy?
- Can bankruptcy protect my home from foreclosure?
- Should I file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy?
- Will I lose my home if I file for bankruptcy?
- If I file for bankruptcy, do I still have to pay child support?
- What is the Chapter 7 means test?
- What is the difference between unsecured and secured debts?
- What is an automatic stay?
- Can I keep my house if I file for bankruptcy?
- If I’ve already filed for bankruptcy once, can I do it again?
- What assets are exempt from liquidation?
Coralville, IA 52241
Phone: (319) 354-1804
Map to our Coralville Office